In accordance with the new GDPR laws, the aim of this policy is to be clear and concise. If you have any further questions please contact us using the details on this website.
What information do we collect from you?
We may collect and store the following information about you:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- The name of your pet insurance company
We may collect and store the following information about your pet:
- Microchip number
- Medical records
We record all incoming and outgoing telephone calls and may record CCTV data. In very limited circumstances we may store health information with your consent.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. For more information about how to reject cookies using your internet browser settings please consult the “Help” section of your internet browser (or alternatively visit http://www.aboutcookies.org). Please note that, if you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the website.
How do we use your information?
We may use your information in various ways
- To provide you and your pet/farm with services/products from us
- To report results or discuss ongoing cases
- To send text reminders about vaccinations, appointments and Cartrophen courses
- To send you relevant newsletters or promotions
- For billing and debt collection purposes
Who do we share your information with?
We will not share or sell your information with any third parties for their marketing purposes.
In limited circumstances, we work with other companies to provide services to you. Examples include our computer system provider, external laboratories, our pet crematorium partner, or the company that we work with to send out text reminders.
We may on occasion be required to share your information with your pet insurance company when processing claims. This is necessary to allow you to claim on your policy.
We occasionally share your information and your pet’s medical history with other veterinary practices or referral centres, for example if you change vets or if your pet has to go elsewhere for specialist treatment. We will always obtain your consent before sharing any data in this way.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will keep your personal information for as long as you remain a client of ours. If you cease to be our client we are legally obliged to keep your information for at least 7 years.
If you would not like us to contact you, for example with reminders about appointments, vaccinations et cetera, or newsletters, please simply contact us by phone, email or letter to let us know.
- You have the right to correct any personal information you believe is inaccurate. Please let us know if this is the case.
- You have the right to request access to personal information we hold about you. Please contact the practice to request this.
- You have the right to ask us to restrict our use of/stop using your personal data or delete it altogether. If we are able to then we will comply with this request.
- You have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data to another vet.
If you are unhappy with the way we have handled your data please contact us as soon as possible, by phone, email or writing. If, following your complaint, you are unhappy with our response, you are entitled to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). For further information please see www.ico.org.uk/concerns.